Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 67

Thread: Player of the Year

  1. #31
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Player of the Year

    The Bristol paper yesterday had Parks at 1,358 and Dotson at 1,303 and Mullins from Pound 1,280 or so. That sounds more like Park's numbers, I dont think he got 1500.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  2. #32
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Player of the Year

    Here's a link:

    GCHS football statistics
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Player of the Year

    Here's the last two articles from the Kingsport times...Do the math:

    173-1304-18 TD's before Burton game

    Parks rushes for 234 yards and 4 TD'S

    Now if my math serves me correctly 1304 + 234 = 1538 and 22 TD's.
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member imported_GC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2002
    Posts
    1,738
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Player of the Year

    Yeah, he did indeed go over 1500 yards and had 22 td's.
    "We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
    - Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959

    Welcome to the USSA!

  5. #35
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Player of the Year

    10-4, Im just going by what the Bristol paper had. I have no clue myself and really dont care. The Bristol paper is usually accurate though.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  6. #36
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Player of the Year

    I care myself I hate to see anyone get cheated from what they accomplished no matter who or what team and this young man being a sophmore deserves his credit and well as Dotson so I'd say if some reserch was done his stats would probably be wrong also..I kinda keep up with GC's as much as I can.
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  7. #37
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Player of the Year

    The indavidual teams 99.9% of the time have more acuret stat numbers (for there players) than the papers do it is not a knock on the papers they sometimes do not have a total for a game and since the Home team is the team that calls in the game often times a visiting teams back is shorted. I have no dought that Parks went over 1500 yards and is a Solid canadate for POY however I am of the opinion that that Honer should go to a senior

  8. #38
    Inactive Member imported_GC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2002
    Posts
    1,738
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Player of the Year

    Then it should be Senior of the Year instead of Player of the Year. While most of the time the POY will be a Senior, I think the award should be awarded as it is named. The best player in the district, regardless of position or grade should be POY.
    "We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
    - Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959

    Welcome to the USSA!

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Player of the Year

    Agreed.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  10. #40
    Inactive Member Herbie_Husker's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2005
    Posts
    259
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Player of the Year

    I agree GC1 it is POY no SeniorOY. More times than not the best player is a senior but not always. With that said I think the POY wears the Raider Orange. He has probably more total yards than anyone. He does a little bit of everything. Parks - 2, Dotson - 3
    Go Huskers!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •